The Avaya TSAPI Service Security Database (SDB) and TASKE Administrator must contain all the devices that you want to monitor and report on. It is recommended that you monitor all devices in order for TASKE to acquire complete call details from the telephone system, however this is limited by TSAPI (RTU) licenses.
What to Monitor
You will require basic TSAPI licenses for every Extension, AUDIX front end or Voice Mail port, and ACD Hunt Group (split or skill) which you want to monitor.
Recommendations to ensure your TASKE reports make sense:
- Monitor all VDNs and all inbound calls should flow through a monitored VDN.
- Monitor all front end auto-attendant ports and voice mail ports.
- To monitor an ACD hunt group, monitor the group itself and monitor all extensions that may answer for that group.
- To monitor a non-ACD hunt group, monitor all extensions that answer for that group. The group ID itself cannot be monitored.
- Monitor all extensions that you wish to report outbound call information on.
- If you want to track calls that are answered by voice mail you must monitor the device that sends the call to voice mail.
In certain situations TASKE can still report on unmonitored devices:
- If an inbound call goes to a monitored front end, then answered by an unmonitored extension, TASKE will report on this call.
- If an inbound call goes to a monitored front end, then abandons on an unmonitored extension, Visualizer will report on this call.
- If an unmonitored device calls a monitored device, TASKE will report on this call.
- If an unmonitored device calls another unmonitored device TASKE will not receive any events for this call.
- If an unmonitored device makes an outbound call TASKE will not receive any events for this call.
Due to a limitation of TSAPI protocol, Attendant consoles and non-ACD hunt groups cannot be monitored.
Populate TASKE Administrator
The TASKE Database Update Wizard is a utility that allows you to import data from the Communication Manager into the TASKE Administrator.
Review the online documentation provided in the TASKE Administrator application, topic “Synchronizing the Database with the Telephone System”, for complete instructions on populating your TASKE database with resources.
- Avaya Communication Manager