This article explains how to manually update your TASKE License features when used with a Toshiba Strata Media Application Server (MAS) telephone system.
If you do not have a Toshiba MAS telephone system, please use the instructions found in Article 10035: Updating Your License instead.
Normally the process of requesting and receiving license keys on a Toshiba MAS telephone system is automated; however it may be necessary for TASKE to manually send out a new license key to a customer for various reasons.
If you have received a 255 character license key in an email from TASKE, please use the following steps to manually update your TASKE license features.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor. Refer to Article 10184 if you are using a 64-bit machine.
- Browse to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TASKE Technology\New License
- Double click on the value “Key” and copy and paste the 255 character license key string generated by TASKE into the value data box. The key may have been provided in a file with a TLK file extension. Simply use Notepad (or similar text editor) to open the file and copy and paste the string found in the file.
- Double click on the value “Status” and change the value data box to a value of 0.
- From the TASKE Console, open the Information Server by double clicking it.
- Click the License tab.
- Click the Update button.
- In regedit, click View, Refresh. If the license file was applied correctly the “Status” now has a value of 1. If the license file was not applied for any reason the “Status” will have a value of 2.
If you have followed these steps correctly and still see a Status value of 2, please call technical support for further assistance.
- Toshiba Strata MAS