If you have a large number of VDNs, you might not want TASKE to list them on extension selection pages. Hiding the VDN extension type may help users more easily find extensions for other types.
Hide VDNs for All Users
A registry entry determines whether TASKE lists VDN extension types on any extension selection page. If this entry is not defined or if its value is set to 0, TASKE lists all extensions for all types. If the registry entry value is set to 1, TASKE hides VDN extension types.
You may want to back up the registry by exporting it before making changes. For information, see your operating system documentation.
Use the following steps to add the registry entry:
- On the TASKE server computer, open the Windows Registry Editor. Refer to Article 10184 for more information about editing TASKE registry keys.
- Locate the following registry entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TASKE Technology\Call Management\Reports
- Add the following DWORD registry key and set its value to 1:
- Exit the Registry Editor.
The change should take effect immediately without the need to restart anything.
User Filters by Extension Type
Alternatively, the Web Portal UI provides individual users the ability to limit extension selection lists by extension type. In Visualizer and Reports, click the Gear icon above the Search box and clear the checkboxes for the extension types to exclude.
- TASKE Contact > Administrator
- TASKE Reporter > Administrator
- TASKE Essential > Administrator
- TASKE Visualizer > Administrator
- Avaya Communication Manager