If you have a large number of VDNs, you might not want TASKE to list them on extension selection pages. Hiding the VDN extension type may help users more easily find extensions for other types. This article describes how to add a registry entry to hide VDN extension types on the extension selection pages. You do not need to restart the TASKE system after adding the registry entry.
TASKE version 8.9.3461.0 or higher. You can upgrade your TASKE, if required.
A registry entry determines whether TASKE lists VDN extension types on any extension selection page. If this entry is not defined or if its value is set to 0, TASKE lists all extensions for all types. If the registry entry value is set to 1, TASKE hides VDN extension types.
You may want to back up the registry by exporting it before making changes. For information, see your operating system documentation.
Use the following steps to add the registry entry:
- On the TASKE server computer, open the Windows Registry Editor. Refer to Article 10184 if you’re using a 64-bit machine.
- Locate the following registry entry:
Software\TASKE Technology\Call Management\Reports\
- Add the following DWORD registry key and set its value to 1:
- Exit the Registry Editor.
- TASKE Contact > Administrator
- TASKE Reporter > Administrator
- TASKE Essential > Administrator
- TASKE Visualizer > Administrator
- Avaya Communication Manager