Some TASKE features request information about the resources in the telephone system. For example, the TASKE Database Update wizard and agent skills management request information about resources in the telephone system to determine differences when compared to resource information in TASKE.
By default, TASKE waits 30 seconds for a request to return. This article describes how to change this default timeout value. For example, you might want to increase the timeout value if you have a large number of resources in your telephone system and you see the following error:
Error 0x80004005: Failed to initialize. Synchronization cannot continue. Please check the log file for further details.
TASKE version 8.9.3453.0 or higher. You can upgrade your TASKE, if required.
A registry entry determines the length of time (in seconds) that TASKE waits for the telephone system to return information. The value can be set to a minimum of 15 seconds. There is no limitation on the maximum value.
Use the following steps to change the timeout:
- On the TASKE server computer, open the Windows Registry Editor. Refer to Article 10184 if you’re using a 64-bit machine.
- Locate the Software\TASKE Technology\Call Management\Agent Skill Management\SMSRequestTimeout subkey. You may want to back up the subkey by exporting it before making changes. For information, see your operating system documentation.
- Edit the DWORD registry key value to specify the new timeout value (in seconds).
- Exit the Registry Editor.
- Avaya Communication Manager