Silent monitoring (or service observing) allows supervisors to listen in on ACD calls. For example, a supervisor may want to listen in to an agent’s calls in order to evaluated how the agent handles calls. By default, when a call is monitored, a visual indicator is displayed:
- in TASKE Desktop
- in the Real-Time and Replay areas of TASKE Contact
This article describes how to turn off one or more visual indicators for silent monitoring.
TASKE version 8.9.3174.0 or greater. If you require, you can upgrade your TASKE.
Silent monitoring is configured on the TASKE Information Server. By default, this option is turned on and all visual indicators are used. If you change this configuration option, the change goes into effect within 5 seconds.
Use the following steps to change the configuration of silent monitoring:
- On the TASKE server computer, open the Information Server.
- From the Configure menu, do one of the following:
- Click Never to turn off all visual indicators.
- Click During Replay to turn off all visual indicators except in Replay.
- Click Always to turn on all visual indicators.
Call Recording Integration Note
If your installation also makes use of TASKE Call Recording, note that if visual indicators are turned off, Agents in Desktop will not see that their calls are being recorded (monitored) and as a consequence will not be able to utilize the Mute button to pause recording for PCI compliance.
- Avaya Communication Manager