The TASKE Information Server does not automatically start when the server computer starts and the following error message displays:
Could not contact the OAISYS Net Server.
Please perform the following and try again:
1. start the Database Populator from the TASKE programs menu to configure your site
2. ensure that the OAISYS Net Server is running
The TASKE Information Server connects to the telephone system through the OAISYS Net Server. When the server computer starts, the Information Server may start faster than the Net Server. If the Net Server does not start before the Information Server connection attempts expire, the Information Server will not start and the above error message will display.
By default, the Information Server will attempt to connect to the Net Server up to 45 times at 2-second intervals, which is equal to 90 seconds. If the Information Server connection attempts are still expiring before the Net Server starts, the number of connection attempts made every 2 seconds can be increased through a DWORD registry key.
To increase the number of connection attempts,
- Open the Windows Registry Editor. Refer to Article 10184 if you are using a 64-bit machine.
- Browse to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TASKE Technology\Call Management\LicenseRetries
- Change the number of connection retries to the desired value.
For example, if you enter 60 the Information Server will attempt to connect with the Net Server up to 60 times at 2-second intervals, which is equal to 2 minutes.
- Toshiba Strata CIX40, CIX100, CIX200, CIX670 and CIX1200